Bell Design Company is NOW HIRING! Come work with our team in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge.
Survey Technician:  BDC is looking for a full-time Survey Technician with at least 2 years of general surveying experience, preferably with demonstrated experience working on public or private projects in a variety of surveying situations. A successful applicant will be able to perform indoor drafting and calculations and outdoor field work, as assigned. Applicant will be responsible for working under and with licensed professional land surveyors to complete both field work and the processing of data in the office for use by engineers and surveyors. The desired candidate should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Possess an Associate Degree
- Experience with construction and boundary surveying
- Experience with Total Stations and RTK GPS equipment
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions, hiking and carrying equipment
- Ability to perform CAD Drafting of survey maps and plats
- Ability to follow survey drawings, Qtr. Section maps, civil design plans, survey drawings, as-built drawings, etc.
- Knowledge of ALTA surveys, boundary analysis, topographic surveys, preparation of easement documents, legal descriptions, final plat preparation, construction staking
- Ability to perform field calculations such as a traverse, boundary, grading, grids, etc.
- Communication skills and the aptitude to work effectively as a team member with field crews, project owners, general contractors, etc.
- Have a positive attitude, be proactive, and possess the ability to work expediently when required
- Ability to coordinate and work with filed crews and other office staff
- Knowledge and previous experience with Terramodel is highly valued
- Familiarity with Topcon and TDS data collector software, Tremble GPS Equipment, Topcon Total Stations, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Terramodel, and ARCGIS software is desirable
- Cover Letter
- Handwritten Personal Essay on Subject of Applicant's Choice
- Three Professional References
- Three Personal References
- Driver's License
Application materials can be uploaded or mailed. Mail application materials to:
PO Box 308
Bingen, WA 98605
BDC is an equal opportunity employer with a non-discrimination policy. BDC does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law in the selection and retention of sub-consultants or employees or in the procurement of materials and leases of equipment.
This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, compensation, promotion, discipline and termination. Whenever possible, the company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by law.